September 9, 2011

On a Dark & Dreary Night...

     Hello!  Halloween is my favorite holiday but surprisingly I only own one Halloween stamp set (although Spooky Bingo Bits is super cute and I may have to order that soon!).  I originally purchased Dark & Dreary when it was featured in the 2010 Holiday mini and was happy to see it carried over to the 2011 Idea Book & Catalog.
     Today's card was inspired by Patty B's Pretty in Paint card (here) over at SCS.  I absolutely loved her layout and decided to change very little on for my card.  I did want to add a bit of sparkle to one of the layers so I pulled out my Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss powder and VersaMark and applied it to the entire second layer.  I should note that I stamped the sentiment in StazOn before applying the embossing powder.
     Even though the Iridescent Ice gives this card a great "wow" effect, it was very simple to make and could easily be mass produced.  If you plan on making Halloween cards but need to stock up on paper or accessories (or perhaps a new Halloween stamp set!) there's still time to place an order!

Stamps: Dark & Dreary, Baroque Motifs, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: StazOn Black, VersaMark
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White
Tools & Accessories: Heat tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment