October 3, 2010

Halloween Candy Holders

Hello!  Today's project was inspired by Mary Brown's Two Tags Halloween Treat tutorial over at Stamper Camper's Corner.  I literally saw her post on SCS and immediately ran to my stamp room to try my hand at these super cute treat holders!  Good thing I had gone to the Dollar Store earlier in the morning to pick up some Kit Kat and Hershey bars just for the purpose of stamping!
  In her tutorial she uses Dove chocolate so I did have to adjust my measurements to fit the mini chocolate bars I had.  For the spider web holder, I used the larger of the two tags, folded along the pre-made score line and then scored a second line at 1 1/2" (measuring up from the bottom).  I used the Spider Web embossing folder with Basic Black card stock but then gently ran my White Craft ink over the raised web.  The web was cut down to 2 1/4"x3" and adhered to the front of the tag.  Mary chose to staple her scallop circles but I adhered mine with Terrifically Tacky Tape, making sure to not tape the bottom!!  I should mention that the spider web will actually pull forward so that you can get to the chocolate (I forgot to take a picture of that!)

     For the second holder I used the smaller tag from the Two Tags die.  Again, because I was using a different chocolate bar I had to adjust my measurements just a bit.  I scored my tag at 1 1/2" and 1 7/8" (measuring from the bottom).   It's hard to tell from the photo but "a little treat" was embossed with clear embossing powder.
Stamps: Dark & Dreary, Got Treats
Ink: StazOn Black, White Craft, VersaMark
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White
Tools & Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Spider Web embossing folder, circle punches, scallop punch, heat tool, clear embossing powder, Terrifically Tacky Tape


No comments:

Post a Comment